Heres a nice Winter Roast
Try this one, using some of our scrumptious free range pork from the foothills of the Southern Alps. Call into the shop soon!
Roast Pork Loin with Balsamic Baked Apples and Onions
- 1 1/2 FREEDOM FARMS boned pork loin rind scored
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine salt
- 3 granny smith apples
- 12 small onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat over to 220 degrees C.
- Rub the pork rind with oil then rub salt generously into the scores between the pork rind and into the rind. Elevate pork on a rack in a baking dish.
- Roast the pork in the over for 20-30 minutes or until the rind begins to crackle. Reduce the heat to 180 degrees C and cook a further 30-40 minutes per kilo or until internal temperature reaches 70-75 degrees C.
- Place halved apples and onions into a baking dish, which has been lined with non-stick baking paper. Place a small dollop of butter onto the apples, then drizzle the apples and onions with balsamic and then sprinkle with sugar.
▪ Bake the apples in the oven with the pork and cook for 35 minutes. Spoon the liquid from the apple baking tray over the apples 1-2 times. Remove the Pork from the oven and rest for 10 minutes. Add the water to the apples and onions for the final 10 minutes, while the Pork rests, spoon the liquid over the apples and onions to assist in caramelising.